Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

O Signore, dal tetto natìo (Adagio)

Speranza

Search ResultsVerdi: his life and times
books.google.com
Peter Southwell-Sander - 1978 - 160 pages - Snippet view

In "I Lombardi" nationalistic fervour is much more evident, especially in the song of the crusaders in the last Act's 'O Signore, dal tetto natio' ('O Lord, from the home of our birth'), in which they pray for water in the desert far away ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
The complete book of classical music
books.google.com
David Ewen - 1965 - 946 pages - Snippet view

... the "Ave Maria" of Otello; the remarkable trio, "Qui posa il fianco," with its eloquent violin obbligato, that comes as a climax to the third act; the powerful chorus of the Crusaders in the fourth act, "O Signore, dal tetto natio.

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Selections from the Italian poets
books.google.com
Ernesto Grillo - 1917 - 618 pages - Snippet view

Era un coro del Verdi; il coro a Dio Là de' Lombardi miseri assetati; Quello: O Signore dal tetto natio, Che tanti petti ha scossi e inebriati. Qui cominciai a non esser più io; E come se que' còsi doventati Fossero gente della nostra ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
The Illustrated London news: Volume 264
books.google.com
1976 - Snippet view

The vocal contribution of the chorus was patchy.

Splendid in some of the martial ensembles, disappointing in the famed
"O Signore, dal tetto natio".

The problem of staging an opera in 11 scenes which progress from Milan to Antioch to ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Italian opera houses and festivals
books.google.com
Karyl Lynn Zietz, Karyl Charna Lynn - 2005 - 331 pages - Snippet view

Verdi paid a visit in 1844 to oversee his Emani, and during a performance of 1 Lombardi, a patriotic chord was struck with the "O Signore dal tetto natio" chorus. Verdi returned for the local premiere of Rigoletto.

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Cincinnati opera: from the zoo to Music Hall
books.google.com
Eldred A. Thierstein - 1995 - 315 pages - Snippet view

Tucker Allor che i forti Attila Tucci O Signore dal tetto natio I Lombardi Chorus Bella Figlia dell'amore Rigoletto Quartetto Intermission Part II Patria oppressa Macbeth Chorus Pieta, rispetto, amore Macbeth Quilico Re dell'abisso ...

Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Critic at the opera
books.google.com
Paul Henry Lang - 1971 - 331 pages - Snippet view

... Garibaldi who in his melodies, especially some of the choruses, unites Italy .

We have already mentioned the great popularity of "Va pensiero," but "O signore, dal tetto natio" (/ Lombardi), or "Si ridesti il Leon di Castiglia" ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
For solo violin: a Jewish childhood in fascist Italy : a memoir
books.google.com
Aldo Zargani - 2002 - 326 pages - Snippet view

from Nabucco, "O Signore, dal tetto natio . . ." from / Lombard!, and "Dal tuo stellato soglio" from Rossini's Mose. We were brave anti- Fascists without even knowing it.* In the temple, it was worse: at the end of our choruses, ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Music of three seasons, 1974-1977
books.google.com
Andrew Porter - 1979 - 667 pages - Snippet view

... gives international voice to feelings of heroic resistance to wrong, prompts emotions that can bind men as brothers.

(Rather similarly, Giuseppe Giusti in a famous poem tells how Verdi's chorus "O Signore, dal tetto natio" flooded ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Opera: Volume 35, Issues 7-12
No cover image books.google.com
1984 - Snippet view

The chorus was first-rate and,

surprisingly, 'O Signore dal tetto natio' was encored.

This is an almost unheard-of occurrence at La Scala.

The principal characters, however, were not particularly well drawn, being somewhat underproduced ...

Add to My Library▼

No comments:

Post a Comment