Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, July 20, 2013

****** ALL TRACKS FOR CD MRS MILL NUMBER TWO -- starting with "PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND ME HONEY"

Speranza

1. PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND ME, HONEY
hold me tight
huddle up and cuddle up with all your might – o – o
won't you roll those eyes -- eyes that I just idolize
when they look at me, my heart begins to float
then it starts a rockin' like a motor boat – o – o
I NEVER KNEW ANY GIRL LIKE YOU.

2. I'M IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE
simply because you’re near me
funny but when you’re near me
I'M IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE
heaven is in your eyes
bright as the stars we’re under
oh is it any wonder
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE
why stop to think of whether
this little dream might fade
let's put our hearts together
now we are one, I'm not afraid
if there’s a cloud above
if it should rain we'll let it
but for tonight forget it
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE

3. YES SIR THAT’S MY BABY
no sir I don't mean maybe
YES SIR THAT’S MY BABY now
Yes ma'm we've decided
No ma'm we won't hide it
Yes ma'm you're invited now
by the way by the way
when we meet the preacher I'll say
YES SIR THAT’S MY BABY
no sir I don't mean maybe
YES SIR THAT’S MY BABY now


4. Moonlight and roses
bring wonderful memories of you
my heart reposes
in beautiful thoughts, so true
June light discloses
love's golden dreams sparkling anew
moonlight and roses
bring memories of you.

5. Oh, Johnny! Oh, Johnny! How you can love! Oh, Johnny! Oh, Johnny! Heavens above! You make my sad heart jump with joy, And when you're near I just Can't sit still a minute. I'm so, Oh, Johnny! Oh, Johnny! Please tell me dear. What makes me love you so? You're not handsome, it's true, But when I look at you, I just, Oh, Johnny! Oh, Johnny! Oh!

6. Give me the moonlight
Give me the girl
And leave the rest to me
Give me a shady nook
By a babbling brook
Where no one else can see
Give me a bench for two
Where we can bill and coo
And mine she's gonna be
If there's anyone in doubt
And they'd like to try me out
Give me the moonlight
Give me the girl
And leave the rest to me.

7. WINCHESTER CATHEDRAL
You're bringing me down
You stood and you watched as
My baby left town
You could have done something
But you didn't try
You didn't do nothing
You let her walk by
Now everyone knows just how much I needed that gal
She wouldn't have gone far away
If only you'd started ringing your bell


8. The old home town looks the same
As I step down from the train
And there to meet me is my Mama and Papa
Down the road I look and there runs Mary
Hair of gold and lips like cherries
It's good to touch the
GREEN GREEN GRASS OF HOME.
Yes, they'll all come to meet me
Arms reaching, smiling sweetly
It's good to touch the
GREEN GREEN GRASS OF HOME
The old house is still standing
Though the paint is cracked and dry
And there's that old oak tree that I used to play on
Down the lane I walk with my sweet Mary
Hair of gold and lips like cherriesI
t's good to touch the
GREEN GREEN GRASS OF HOME
Then I awake and look around me
At four gray walls that surround me
And I realize, yes, I was only dreaming
For there's a guard and there's a sad old padre
On and on we'll walk at daybreak
Again I'll touch the
GREEN GREEN GRASS OF HOME
Yes, they'll all come to see me
In the shade of that old oak tree
As they lay me 'neath the
GREEN GREEN GRASS OF HOME.

9. I'M NOBODY’S BABY I wonder why.
each night and day I pray to the Lord up above
to please send me down somebody to love.
but nobody wants me I'm blue somehow.
won't someone hear my plea & take a chance with me?
because
I’M NOBODY’S BABY now.



10. IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME
IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME
strolling thru the shady lanes with your baby mine
you hold her hand and she holds yours
and that's a very good sign
that she's your tootsie-wootsie
IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME.



11. tiptoe thru the window
in the garden that is where I'll be
come TIPTOE THRU THE TULIPS
with me
oh tiptoe from the garden
to the shadow of the willow tree
& TIPTOE THRU THE TULIPS
with me
knee deep in flowers we'll stray
we'll keep the showers away
and if I kiss you in the garden in the moonlight
will you pardon me
and TIPTOE THRU THE TULIPS
with me

12. YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE
my only sunshine
you make me happy when skies are gray
you'll never know dear how much I love you
please don't take my sunshine away

13. Life is not a highway strewn with flowers,
Still it holds a goodly share of bliss,
When the sun gives way to April showers,
Here is the point you should never miss.
Though APRIL SHOWERS may come your way,
They bring the flowers that bloom in May.
So if it's raining, have no regrets,
Because it isn't raining rain, you know, (It's raining violets,)
And where you see clouds upon the hills,
You soon will see crowds of daffodils,
So keep on looking for a blue bird, And list'ning for his song,
Whenever April showers come along.
And where you see clouds upon the hills,
You soon will see crowds of daffodils,
So keep on looking for a blue bird, And list'ning for his song,
Whenever April showers come along.

14. come come
come and make eyes at me
DOWN AT THE OLD  BULL and BUSH
come come
drink some port wine with me
DOWN AT THE OLD BULL and BUSH
hear the little German band
da-da-da-da-da-da-da
just let me hold your hand -- dear
do do come and have a drink or two
DOWN AT THE OLD BULL and BUSH
15. Cruising down the river
On a Sunday afternoon
With one you love, the sun above
Waiting for the moon. T
he old accordian playing
A sentimental tune
Cruising down the river,
On a Sundy afternoon.
The birds above, all sing of love       
A gentle sweet refrain       
The winds around, all make a sound       
Like softly falling rain
Just two of us together
We'll plan our honeymoon
Cruising down the river, On a Sunday afternoon.

16. SHINE ON shine on HARVEST MOON up in the sky
I ain't had no lovin’ since April, January, June or July.
snow time ain't no time to stay outdoors and spoon
so SHINE ON shine on HARVEST MOON for me and my gal.
 
17. I DO LIKE TO BE BESIDE THE SEASIDE
I do like to be beside the sea
I do like to stroll upon the prom prom prom
where the brass bands play tiddely-om-pom-pom
so just let me be beside the seaside
I'll be beside myself with glee
and there's lots of girls beside
I should like to be beside beside the seaside beside the sea
18. Out of Town


19. let’s all sing like the birdies sing
tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet
let’s all sing like the birdies sing
sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet
let’s all warble like nightingales
give your throat a treat
take your time from the birds
now you all know the words
tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet.

20. Good Morning

21. ME and MY SHADOW
strolling down the avenue
ME and MY SHADOW
not a soul to tell our troubles to
and when it’s twelve o’clock
we climb the stair
we never knock
for nobody’s there -- just
ME and MY SHADOW
all alone and feelin’ blue

22. come to me MY MELANCHOLY BABY
cuddle up and don't be blue
all your fears are foolish fancies maybe
you know honey I’m in love with you
every cloud must have a silver lining
just wait until the sun shines thru
smile my honey dear
while I kiss away each tear
or else I shall be melancholy too.
23. she’s wearing second hand hats, second hand clothes
that’s why they call her SECOND HAND ROSE
even the piano in the parlour
dad bought for ten cents on the dollar
second hand pearls, she’s wearing second hand curls
she never gets a single thing that’s new
even Jake the plumber, he’s the man I adore
had the nerve to tell me he’s been married before
ev’ryone knows that I’m just SECOND HAND ROSE
from Second Avenue
once while strolling through the Ritz, a girl got her goat
she nudged her friend and said
o look there goes my old fur coat

24. Virginia state it seems of late, you're always in my dreams,
I miss your pale moonbeams, I miss you're blue ridge trail, Vir-
ginia you keep calling too, over the hill and dale,
I've been lonesome night and day, since I wandered away.

THERE'S A BLUE RIDGE ROUND MY HEART, VIRGINIAI'm as lonesome as the lonesome pine, say
I would give my soul, if I could but stroll,
where the flowers nod to you and the birds sing "How d'you do"
In that blue ridge round my heart, Virginia,
rings a song and all day long I pine to see the time,
when your sunshine fills the sky, all my cares will say "Good-bye", for
there's a blue ridge round my heart Virginia mine.

 Birds in the tree, hum of the bee, tell them I'll soon be home,
each little rose that grows, tell it what your heart knows,
each little brook, each shady nook, tell 'em no more I'll roam,
tell them I am on my way, I am leaving today.


25. Farewell to cold winter, summer's come at last
Nothing have I gained but my true love I have lost
I'll sing and I'll be happy like the birds upon the tree
For since he deceived me I care no more for he
LET HIM GO, LET HIM TARRY,
let him sink or let him swim
He doesn't care for me nor I don't care for him
He can go and get another that I hope he will enjoy
For I am going to marry a far nicer boy
He wrote me a letter saying he was very bad
I sent him back an answer saying I was awful glad
He wrote to me another saying he was well and strong
But I care no more about him than the ground he walks upon
Some of his friends had a good kind wish for me
Others of his friends they could hang me on a tree
But soon I'll let them see my love, and soon I'll let them know
That I can get a new sweetheart on any grounds I go
He can go to his old mother now and set her mind at ease
I hear she is an old, old woman, very hard to please
It's slighting me and talking ill is what she's always done
Because that I was courting her great big ugly son

26.
I belong to Glasgow 
Dear old Glasgow town 
Well what's the matter with Glasgow 
For it's goin' 'roon and 'roon I'm only a common old working chap As anyone here can see But when I get a couple of drinks on a Saturday
Glasgow belongs to me
Me and a few o' my cronies
One or two pals o' my ain
We went into a hotel and we did very well
Then we came out once again
Then we went in tae another
And that's the reason I'm fu'
We had six deoch and dorus and then sang a chorus
Listen, I'll sing it to you
There's nothing in being teetotal
And saving a shilling or two
If your money you spend you got nothing to lend
Well that's all the better for you
There's nae harm in taking a droppie
It ends all your trouble and strife
It gives you a feeling that when you get home
You don't give a hang for your wife

27. Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
Blue birds fly over the rainbow
So why tell me why can’t I.

28. Whadda you do in the evening
When you don't know what to do?
Read a book? Play a game?
Every night it's just the same!
Whadda you say if I tell you
How to keep from feeling blue?
My advice is good to take,
And it's easier to do
When you're all alone, any old night,
And you're feeling mighty blue,
Pick up your hat, Close up your flat,
Get out, get under the moon. Underneath the bright silvery light,
You'll be feeling better soon!
Pick up your hat, Close up your flat,
Get out, get under the moon.
Ba-da-da-da-da-da, Look, look, look at those stars above,
Ah look, look, look at those sweeties love!
Oh boy, give me a night in June, I mean it! When you're all alone, any old night,
And you're feeling out of tune,
Pick up your hat, Close up your flat, Get out, get under the moon.
When you make a date, any old night,
You're gonna meet your sweetie soon? 
are yuh, huh
Well then pick up your hat,
Close up that flat, Get out, get under the moon.
Underneath that bright silvery light, You'll be feelin' better soon!
Pick up your hat,
Close up your flat,
Get out, get under the moon. Ba-da-da-da-da-da,
Walk, walk, kiss me then Walk again,
And talk, talk, kiss and then Talk again,
Oh boy, sweethearts are all in tune,
I mean it!
When it's raining out,
Oh stay in your flat,
But on a lovely night in June,
Pick up your hat,
Close up your flat,
Get out, get under the moon.



No comments:

Post a Comment