Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, July 29, 2013

MRS MILLS MUSIC FOR ANYTIME -- youtube Part I -- From "Among my souvenirs" -- including Nightingale sang in Berkeley Square

Speranza

1.

there's nothing left for me
of days that used to be
they're just a memory
AMONG MY SOUVENIRS
some letters sad and blue
a photograph or two
I see a rose from you
AMONG MY SOUVENIRS
a few more tokens rest
within my treasure chest
& tho' they do their best
to give me consolation,
I count them all apart
& as the teardrops start,
I find a broken heart
AMONG MY SOUVENIRS



2.

PEG O'MY HEART
I'll love you
don't let us part
I love you
I always knew
it would be you
since I heard your lilting laughter
it's your Irish heart I'm after
peg o' my heart
your glances make my heart say
how's chances
come be my own
come make your home in my heart

3.

WHERE THE BLUE OF THE NIGHT
 meets the gold of the day
someone waits for me
And the gold of her hair
crowns the blue of her eyes
like a halo tenderly
If only I could see her
oh how happy I would be
Where the blue of the night
meets the gold of the day
someone waits for me                                  

4. I'll be with you in apple blossom time

5. beautiful dreamer
easy throng
beautiful dreamer awaken to me
beautiful dreamer queen of my song
list while I play this sweet melody
gone are the cares of life's busy throng
beautiful dreamer awaken to me
beautiful dreamer awaken to me.

-----

NEXT:

6.

love is the sweetest thing
the oldest yet the nicest thing
I only hope that fate may bring
love's old story
love is the sweetest
the strangets
upon the wing
whatever fate
whatevder fate may bring
this is the story without an
this is the song without end
love is the strangest thing
the oddest yet the sweetest
I only hope that life can bring
love's story to you.

---

7.

but now I gett the call
 I'm getting sentimental over you
things you said or do
just thrill me thru and thru
I'm getting sentimental over you
I could live without love
but I must confess love is all I'm thinking of
don't you please be kind
and open your mind
that you'll be sweet and gentle
be gentle with me
because I'm sentimental
over you.

---

I may be wrong
willing to swear
that when you turned and smiled at me
a nightingale sang in bErkeleye square
the moon that lingered over London town
puzzled moon
how could she know
the whole damn world seemed upside
the streets of town
were paved with stars
romantic affair
and ans we kissed
a nightingale sang in berkeley square

----




No comments:

Post a Comment