Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tracks to the 3 CD collection of Miller -- gang

Speranza


 
I.

1. I've got a longing way down in my heart
for that old gang that has drifted apart
they were the best pals that I ever had
I never thought that I'd want them so bad
Gee but I'd give the world to see
THAT OLD GANG OF MINE
I can't forget that old quartette that sang "Sweet Adeline"
Goodbye forever, old fellows and gals
Goodbye forever, old sweethearts and pals
God bless them
Gee but I'd give the world to see
That old gang of mine
Gee but I'd give the world to see
That old gang of mine
I can't forget that old quartette that sang "Sweet Adeline"Goodbye forever, old fellows and galsGoodbye forever, old sweethearts and pals(God bless them)
Gee but I'd give the world to seeThat old gang of mine
Last night I strolled to that old neighborhoodThere on that corner I silently stoodI felt so blue as the crowds hurried byNobody knew how I wanted to cryGee but I'd give the world to seeThat old gang of mineI can't forget that old quartette that sang "Sweet Adeline"Goodbye forever, old fellows and galsGoodbye forever, old sweethearts and pals(God bless them)Gee but I'd give the world to seeThat old gang of mine
Last night 'neath a street lamp I silently stood
On the same corner back in that old neighborhoodA
s I gazed at the houses, unchanged by the yearsIn my throat came a lump and my eyes filled with tearsI looked at the lamppost, the pump and the stoopAnd again I could picture us kids in a groupThere was Shorty, and Yeller and Skinny and MikeAnd the rich kid who had ball bearing skates and a bikeAnd down near the school I could see the brick wallWhere we used to go for a game of handballAnd the crabby old janitor who chased us awaySay, what I wouldn't give to just see him today!
And then came the parties and dances-- that's whyWe didn't notice the years going byAnd the first thing we knew we were all twenty-oneBut the Gang stuck together in a fight or in fun-And then came the War- the crowds in the street-The blast of the Bugle- the tramp of the feetAnd the gang, that old gang of mineWas the first gang that hit the Von Hindenburg line.
But the war is all over and last night as I stood
On the same corner back in that old neighborhoodI couldn't help brushing a tear from my eyeFor I knew not a face in the crowds that went byGone forever are the pals that I loveThere isn't a trace or a signOf that regular honest to goodness old bunchThat I call that old gang of mine
2.  But I'm

BIDIN’ MY TIME

‘Cause that's the kind of guy I'm,

While other folks grow dizzy,

I keep busy,

Bidin' my time.

Next year, next year,

Somethin's bound to happen,

This year, this year,

I'll just keep on mappin',

And bidin' my time,

"Cause that's the kind of guy I'm,

There's no regrettin',

When I'm settin',

Bidin' my time.

I'm bidin' my time,

"Cause that's the kind of guy I'm,

Beginnin' on a Monday,

Right through Sunday,

Bidin' my time.

Give me, give me,

Glass that's bright and twinkles,

Let me, let me,

Dream like Rip Van Winkle.

He's bided his time,

Like that Winkle guy,

I'm chasin' 'way flies,

How the day flies,

Bidin' my time.

 

Some fellows love to tiptoe through the tulips

Some fellows go on singing in the rain

Some fellows keep on painting skies with sunshine

Some fellows must go swinin’ down the lane


 
3. Harbour Lights

4. I wonder who's kissing her now,

Wonder who's teaching her how?

Wonder who's looking in to her eyes?

Breathing sighs!

Telling lies!

I wonder if she's got a boy?

The girl who once filled me with joy,

Wonder if she ever tells him of me?

I wonder who's kissing her now?
5. Roll out the barrel
 
6. Back In Your Own Back Yard
7. Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree (With Anyone Else But Me)
8.a

Moonlight Bay

8 b

Your lips tell me no, no
But there's yes, yes
in your eyes
I've been missin' your kissin'
Just because I wasn't wise
I'll stop my scheming
and dreaming
'Cos I realize
Your lips tell me no, no
But there's yes, yes
in your eyes
I never knew just what to do You had me fooled somehow You made me guess, but I confess I know your secret now Your lips tell me no, no But there's yes, yes in your eyes I've been missin' your kissin' Just because I wasn't wise I'll stop my scheming and dreaming 'Cos I realize Your lips tell me no, no But there's yes, yes in your eyes
You fooled me, dear, now for a year My heart you tantalize But without a doubt, I have found out The secret in your eyes
 
9. On top of Old Smoky,
All covered with snow,
I lost my true lover,
For courting too slow.
For courting’s a pleasure,
But parting is grief,
And a false-hearted lover,
Is worse than a thief.
A thief will just rob you,
And take what you have,
But a false-hearted lover,
Will lead you to your grave.
The grave will decay you,
And turn you to dust,
Not one boy in a hundred
A poor girl can trust.
They’ll hug you and kiss you,
And tell you more lies
Than cross ties on a railroad,
Or stars in the sky.
So come ye young maidens,
And listen to me,
Never place your affection
In a green willow tree.
For the leaves they will wither,
The roots they will die,
And you’ll be forsaken,
And never know why.
 
10. Ev'ry morning, ev'ry evening
AIN'T WE GOT FUN
Not much money
Oh, but honey
Ain't we got fun
The rent's unpaid
dear
We haven't a bus
But smiles were made
dear
For people like us
In the winter in the Summer Don't we have fun Times are bum and getting bummer Still we have fun There's nothing surer The rich get rich and the poor get children In the meantime, in between time Ain't we got fun?
-- Bill collectors gather 'round and rather Haunt the cottage next door Men the grocer and butcher sent Men who call for the rent But within a happy chappy And his bride of only a year Seem to be so cheerful, here's an earful Of the chatter you hear
-- Just to make their trouble nearly double Something happened last night To their chimney a gray bird came Mister Stork is his name And I'll bet two pins, a pair of twins Just happened in with the bird Still they're very gay and merry Just at dawning I heard Ev'ry morning, ev'ry evening Don't we have fun Twins and cares, dear, come in pairs, dear Don't we have fun We've only started As mommer and pop Are we downhearted I'll say that we're not Landlords mad and getting madder Ain't we got fun? Times are so bad and getting badder Still we have fun There's nothing surer The rich get rich and the poor get laid off In the meantime, in between time Ain't we got fun? When the man who sold 'em carpets told 'em He would take them away They said, "Wonderful, here's our chance Take them up and we'll dance" And when burglars came and robbed them Taking all their silver, they say Hubby yelled, "We're famous, for they'll name us In the pepers today Night or daytime, it's all playtime Ain't we got fun? Hot or cold days, any old days Ain't we got fun If Wifey wishes To go to a play Don't wash the dishes Just throw them away Streetcar seats are awful narrow Ain't we got fun? They won't smash up our Pierce Arrow We ain't got none They've cut my wages But my income tax will be so much smaller When I'm laid off, I'll be paid off Ain't we got fun?

11. I wandered today to the hill
Maggie
to watch the scene below
the creek and the rusty old mill

Maggie

where we sat in the long, long ago

the green grove is gone from the hill

Maggie

where first the daisies sprung

the old rusty mill is still

Maggie

since you and I were young.




A city so silent and lone

Maggie

where the young and the gay and the best

in polished white mansion of stone

Maggie

have each found a place of rest

is built where the birds used to play

Maggie

& join in the songs that were sung

for we sang just as gay as they

Maggie

when you and I were young.

They say I am feeble with age

Maggie

my steps are less sprightly than then

my face is a well written page

Maggie

but time alone was the pen

they say we are aged and grey

Maggie

as spray by the white breakers flung

but to me you're as fair as you were

MaggieWhen you and I were young.

And now we are aged and grey

Maggie

The trials of life nearly done

Let us sing of the days that are gone

Maggie

When you and I were young.


 
12.

K-K-K-Katy
 
II.

1. Carolina In The Morning 
2.

Jeannine, I dream of lilac time
Your eyes, they beam in the lilac time
Your winning smile
and cheeks blushing like the rose
Yet all the while, you sigh when nobody knows
Jeannine, my queen of lilac times
When I return, I'll make you mine
For you and I, our love dream will never die
 
3. My Darling Clementine
4. Mairzy Doats
5. Anniversary Song
 
6. Down By The Old Mill Stream

7. Come & sit by my side if you love me;
Do not hasten to bid me adieu,
But remember the RED RIVER VALLEY
And the girl that has loved you so true.

From this valley they say you are going,
We will miss your bright eyes and sweet smile,
For they say you are taking the sunshine
Which has brightened our pathways a while.      

I've been thinking a long time, my darling,
Of the sweet words you never would say,
Now, alas, must my fond hopes all vanish?
For they say you are going away.

Won't you think of the valley you're leaving,
Oh, how lonely and sad it will be,
Just think of the fond heart you're breaking,
And the grief you are causing to me.

From this valley they say you are going,
When you go, may your darling go too?
Would you leave her behind unprotected,
When she loves no one other than you.

As you go to your home by the ocean,
May you never forget those sweet hours,
That we spent in the Red River Valley,
And the love we exchanged 'mid the flowers.

I have promised you, darling, that never
Will a word from my lips cause you pain,
And my life, it will be yours forever,
If you only will love me again.

They will bury me where you have wandered,
Near the hills where the daffodils grow,
When you're gone from the Red River valley,
For I can't live without you I know.


 
8. Beautiful Ohio 
9. The Gang That Sang "Heart Of My Heart" 
10. I'm Looking Over A Four-Leaf Clover 
11. You Are My Sunshine
12.

I LOVE YOU TRULY truly dear

life with its sorrow life with its tears

fades into dreams when I feel you are near

for I LOVE YOU TRULY truly dear.
 
III.

1. BABY FACE
you've got the cutest little
BABY FACE
there's not another one could take your place
BABY FACE
my poor heart is jumpin’
you sure have started somethin’
BABY FACE
I'm up in heaven when I'm in your fond embrace
I didn't need a shove ’cos I just fell in love
with your pretty
BABY FACE

 
2. WHEN THE RED RED ROBIN COMES BOB BOB BOBBIN’ ALONG along

there'll be no more sobbin'

when he starts throbbin' his old sweet song

wake up wake up you sleepy head

get up get up get out of bed

cheer up cheer up the sun is red

live love laugh & be happy

what if I were blue now I'm walking thru fields of flowers

rain may glisten but still I listen  for hours & hours

I'm just a kid again doing what I did again singing a song

WHEN  THE RED RED ROBIN COMES BOB BOB BOBBIN’ ALONG.

 
3. Jeepers Creepers
4. I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen
5. Don't Bring Lulu
6. Nights are long since you went away

I think about you all through the day

MY BUDDY, MY BUDDY,

no body
 
quite so true

Miss your voice, the touch of your hand

Just long to know that you understand

MY BUDDY, my buddy

Your buddy misses you

 
7. You Oughta Be In Pictures
8. Now Is The Hour
9. Side By Side
10. Jeanie With The Light Brown Hair
11. It's Only A Paper Moon
12. Goodnight Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment