Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Danilo

Speranza

Though I say not
what I may not
let you know,
Yet the swaying
dance is saying
"love me dear;"
Ev'ry touch of fingers
tells me what I know,
says for you it's true,
it's true,
you love me so.
And to the music's chime,
my heart is beating time,
as if to give a sign
that it would say
"be mine, be mine"
Though our lips may say no word
yet in the heart a voice is heard
you cannot choose but know
I love you so. (Chappell 1907).


Now or never
and forever
I love you.
Let me hold you
till I've told you
I love you.
I believe in magic
while our arms entwine.
Heaven's near when you are here
and mine all mine.
I never knew before
how much I could adore
But when you hold my hand
and look at me
I understand
and the music murmurs low
It's telling me you know I know,
and heaven gives the sign
You're mine, all mine.

second version:

Not a word dear,
have I heard, dear,
yet I know,
You've not told me,
but you hold me
so I know.
Words may be unspoken,
yet I know you hear;
Music sighs;
your heart replies,
"I love you dear!"






Lippen schweigen Love unspoken Tace il labbro
's flüstern geigen faith unbroken T'amo
hab mich lieb all life thru dice il violin.
Alle die Schritte strings are playing le sue note

sagen bitte . . . . . . . . . hear them saying . . . . . . . . . . dicon tutte

hab mich lieb. . . . . . . . . Love me true. . . . . . . . . . . . . m'hai d'amar.

Jeder Druck der Hände . . . Now the echo answers . . . . dell'amor la stretta

deutlich mir beschrieb . . . . . Say you want me too . . . . chiaro dice a me.

Er sagt klar . . . . . . . . . . .All the world's . . . . . . . . . . . sì, è ver,

's ist wahr . . . . . . . . . . .in love . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .tu m'ami

's ist wahr . . . . . . . . . . . with love . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . sì

du hast mich lieb. . . . . . . & I love you. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .tu m'ami, è ver

Bei jedem Walzerschritt . . . I hear the music play . . . . . . . . . . . . . nel valzer dell'ardor

tanzt auch die Seele mit . . . .it carries me away . . . . . . . . . . . . . . or batte il picciol cor

da hüpft das Herzchen klein . . all sorrows will have flown . . . . . . . .col dolce palpitar

es klopft und pocht . . . . . . . when you are mine . . . . . . . . . . . . . ei dice a me

Sei mein, sei mein . . . . . . . . & mine alone . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . mi devi amar.

Und der Mund er spncht kein Wort . . . so the music seems to say. . . tace il labbro, quest'è ver

doch tönt es fort und immer fort . . . . it's just not saying anything . . . . .e chiaro pure il suo pensier

ich hab dich ja so lieb . . . . . . . . . . it wanted you to know . . . . . .ei dice 't'amo', ancor

ich hab dich lieb. . . . . . . . . . . I love you so. . . . . . . . . .io t'amo, sì.

Ferdinando Fontana, librettista di "La Vedova allegra" (cf. "Il figlio del principe", "Il conte di Lussemburgo").Teatro dal Verme, Milano. Prima: "La Vedova Allegra".Emma Vecla, la prima "Vedova allegra".

.

No comments:

Post a Comment