Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

O Signore, dal tetto natìo

Speranza

Italian Traditions and Puccini: Compositional Theory and ... - Page 77
books.google.com
Nicholas Baragwanath - 2011 - 407 pages - Preview

Thus “O Signore, dal tetto natìo” and “Vieni d'amore—in sen ripara” both contain ten syllables, but the first is a "decasillabo" (accents on the third, sixth, and ninth syllables) whereas the second is a quinario doppio (accents on the ...

Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
The life of Verdi - Page 74
books.google.com
John Rosselli - 2000 - 204 pages - Preview

A prime example of reading back is the still common belief that the great choruses in Verdi's early operas, particularly

'Va, pensiero, sull'ali derate' in Nabucco and its replication

'O signore, dal tetto natio' in Lombardi, ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
The rough guide to opera
books.google.com
Matthew Boyden, Nick Kimberley, Joe Staines - 2002 - 735 pages - Preview

After the first (and hugely successful) performance in Milan, the chorus

"O Signore, dal tetto natio"

was immediately adopted as a patriotic anthem, just like Nabtmo's "Va, pensiero". But where .\"a/ti«fo relied heavily on its chorus, ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
The story of Giuseppe Verdi: Oberto to Un ballo in maschera - Page 65
books.google.com
Gabriele Baldini, Fedele D'Amico, Roger Parker - 1980 - 296 pages - Preview

In my opinion it can do so only in the most general sense.

I have the firm impression that the chorus 'O Signore, dal tetto natio' had no political end, but was merely exploiting a formula that had been favourably received.

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼

Verdi's theater: creating drama through music - Page 198
books.google.com
Gilles de Van - 1998 - 424 pages - Preview

This is the case with "Va, pensiero" (Na- bucco), "O signore dal tetto natio" (I Lombardi), "Si ridesti il Ieon di Casti- glia" (Ernani), and so on, up to the choruses of "Battaglia di Leganon" and Vepres. The evolution of the choruses is quite ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Leonora's last act: essays in Verdian discourse - Page 38
books.google.com
Roger Parker - 1997 - 187 pages - Preview

From "Va pensiero" in Nabucco, to "O Signore dal tetto natio" in / Lombardi, to "Si ridesti il Leon di Castiglia" in Ernani is a compelling musical path.

It would indeed be revealing to trace the development of the genre through these ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Chi l'ha detto?: - Page 279
books.google.com
Giuseppe Fumagalli - 1904 - 848 pages - Preview

IV, se. a), che comincia:

"O Signore, dal tetto natio", e dove sono i seguenti versi: 981.

O fresc'aure volanti sui vaghi
ruscelletti dei prati lombardi
fonti eterne purissimi laghi
O vigneti indorati dal Sol


More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Verdi in America: Oberto Through Rigoletto - Page 39
books.google.com
George W. Martin - 2011 - 494 pages - Preview

... with preferred excerpts being the tenor's aria “La mia letizia infondere,” the soprano's “Non fu sogno,” the chorus

“O Signore dal tetto natio,” and the “ conversion” trio.40
The 1886 performance in New York, at the Academy of Music, ...

Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Dizionario dell'opera 2008 - Page 746
books.google.com
Piero Gelli, Filippo Poletti - 2007 - 1718 pages - Preview

... sequenza breve-lunga segna sì l'epopea corale, le vendette, ma può anche stemperarsi in una configurazione più distesa, quando si tratta della rimembranza, nella pagina più celebre dell'opera, il coro
"O Signore, dal tetto natio".

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Poeti lirici, moderni e contemporanei
books.google.com
Giuseppe De Robertis - 1959 - 430 pages - Snippet view

... che si raccomanda, D'una gente che gema in duri stenti E de' perduti beni si rammenti.

Era un coro del Verdi; il coro a Dio Là de' Lombardi miseri assetati; Quello:

"O Signore, dal tetto natio", Che tanti petti ha scossi e inebriati.

More editions Add to My Library▼

No comments:

Post a Comment