Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

O Signore, dal tetto natìo (Adagio) -- encored thrice La Scala, 1843 -- sung in the streets

Speranza

The Penguin stereo record guide
books.google.com
Edward Greenfield, Robert Layton, Ivan March - 1975 - 1114 pages - Snippet view

I Lombardi : O Signore dal tetto natio. Nabucco: Gliarredifestivi; Vapensiero. Otello: Fuoco di gloria. II Trovatore: Vedit le fosche; Squilli, echeggi. *** Decca sxl 6139. Chorus and Orchestra of St Cecilia Academy, Rome, Carlo Franci.

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Musical events: a chronicle, 1983-1986
books.google.com
Andrew Porter - 1989 - 573 pages - Snippet view

I found the patriotic scenes and the figure of Kutuzov (fervently sung and played by Norman Bailey) profoundly stirring, and surrendered to emotion as readily as Verdi's audiences did when "Va, pensiero," "O Signore, dal tetto natio," ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
A catalog of Verdi's operas
books.google.com
Martin Chusid - 1974 - 201 pages - Snippet view
Finale Ultimo O Signore dal tetto natio CCoro] l6. Finale Ultimo Ccontinued] Al Siloe al Siloe CGiselda, Arvino, l'Eremita] ALTERNATE SELECTIONS IN THE AUTOGRAPH "Nuova Cabaletta Della Cavatina Orante I Lombardi" CAct II].

Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
A musical season: a critic from abroad in America
books.google.com
Andrew Porter - 1974 - 313 pages - Snippet view

The 1843 audiences went wild over it.

According to Verdi's early biographer Folchetto, the big chorus "O Signore, dal tetto natio" raised a storm of approval (

"muove all'orgasmo il pubblico"

is his vivid phrase).

Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
The man Verdi
books.google.com
Frank Walker - 1962 - 526 pages - Snippet view

... Era un coro del Verdi; il coro a Dio La de' Lombardi miseri assetati; Quello , O Signore, dal tetto natio, Che tanti petti ha scossi e inebriati. Macbeth, even though it did, like / Lombardi, include a chorus of exiles, ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼

Great opera houses: a traveller's guide to their history and ...
books.google.com
Spike Hughes - 1956 - 362 pages - Snippet view

The police were unusually busy and managed to prevent the repetition first of one then of another aria.

But there was one item, a chorus, which they were powerless to do anything about.

This was the chorus 'O Signore, dal tetto natio' .

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
The Stereo record guide: Volume 8
books.google.com
Edward Greenfield - 1972 - Snippet view

COLLECTIONS Choruses: Alda, Act 2: Triumphal march and ballet music; Attila: Urli rapine; La Battaglia di Legnano: Giuriam d' Italia; I Lombardi: O Signore dal tetto natio; Nabucco, Act 1 : Cli arredi festivi; Act 3 : Va pensiero; ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Hungarian book review: Volumes 27-29
books.google.com
Magyar Könyvkiadók és Könyvterjesztők Egyesülése - 1985 - Snippet view

The large choir compositions are remarkable for their elevated sound, especially the piece "O Signore, dal tetto natio", intended to be a hit, and even more so " Gerusalem, Gerusalem". The main attraction of the marches lies in the ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Prato, storia di una città: Volume 4
books.google.com
Elena Fasano Guarini - 1997 - 808 pages - Snippet view

L'11 novembre la «Guido Monaco» cantò di Verdi, «O Signore dal tetto natio» e « Jerusalem» (dai Lombardi"), «Ave Maria» (dall'O/e/Zo), «Ella giammai m'amò» (dal Don Carlos), «Come dal ciel precipita» (dal Macbeth); di Puccini, ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Who's who in Verdi
books.google.com
Jonathan Lewsey - 2001 - 560 pages - Snippet view

The Lombard Crusaders think longingly of their beloved Lombard hills which contrast so markedly with their present surroundings of arid desert (O Signore dal tetto natio). They are parched with thirst. The voices of Giselda, Arvino and the hermit can be ...

More editions Add to My Library▼

No comments:

Post a Comment