Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

O Signore, dal tetto natìo

Speranza

Studi verdiani - Page 66
books.google.com
P. Petrobelli - 1989 - 247 pages - Preview

For example, the melody of «O Signore, dal tetto natio» — the
celebrated chorus in Act IV of / lombardi — was cribbed
from a "substitute aria" that he had consented to write
for a La Fenice production of Nabucco with the stipulation ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Poesie dei secoli XIX e XVIII: scelte, annotate e corredate da ...
books.google.com
Severino Ferrari - 1903 - 395 pages - No preview

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
The New Grove guide to Verdi and his operas
books.google.com
Roger Parker - 2007 - 252 pages - Snippet view

(the French version of

'O Signore, dal tetto natio'

). As in I Lombardi, a lively march introduces the Count (marvellously recovered, he tells us, from the assassination attempt), who asks the hermit's blessing.

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼

*******************

Verdi: an anecdotic history of his life and works
books.google.com
Arthur Pougin - 1887 - 308 pages - Snippet view

The famous chorus "O Signore, dal tetto natio" gave
rise to one of the first political demonstrations which signalised the awaking of Lombardo-Venetia. I say one of the first, for, in point of fact, the first was in truth that caused by ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼

The liberation of Italy, 1815-1870,
books.google.com
Evelyn Lilian Hazeldine Carrington Martinengo-Cesaresco (contessa) - 1902 - 420 pages - Snippet view

When it was recognised as one of the accelerating causes of the revolution, he drily remarked that they would have done better to take his advice.
The grand chorus, ' O Signore dal tetto natio, ' in which the ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼

The complete operas of Verdi
books.google.com
Charles Osborne - 1970 - 472 pages - Snippet view

The Pilgrims' Chorus is, not surprisingly, "O Signore, dal tetto natio", but the Crusaders' March is new, and rather more stirring than that in the earlier work.

The Crusaders' Chorus, also new, is a nondescript maestoso piece, ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Venezia e l'Europa: soldati, mercanti e riformatori
books.google.com
Maria Luisa Parolini, Sergio Noto, Francesco Vecchiato - 1994 - 541 pages - Snippet view

'O Signore dal tetto natio
ci chiamasti con santa promessa
noi siamo corsi all' invito d'un pio'

ha dato motivo a clamorose manifestazioni di Entusiasmo pel Pontefice regnante, per cui il canto del Coro stesso dovea essere replicato» ...

Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
The Penguin guide to compact discs 2000/2001
books.google.com
Ivan March, Edward Greenfield, Robert Layton - 2000 - 706 pages - Snippet view
I Lombardi: Gerusalem!;
O Signore, dal tetto natio. Macbeth: Patria oppressa! Nabucco: Va pensiero; Gli arredi festivi. Otello: Fuoco di gioia! II Trovatore: Vedi! lefosche; Or co ' dadi . . . Squilli, echeggi.

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
The Catholic historical review: Volume 1
books.google.com
American Catholic Historical Association - 1916 - Snippet view

... O signore dal tetto natio ") ; the " Hymn of the Hebrews " (p. 41) is from Verdi's Nabuoco (" Va pensiero sull' ali dorate"); "The Angel and the Child " (p . 87) is " from the French of Reboul "; " The Birth of Christ " (p.

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼

Verdi with a vengeance: an energetic guide to the life and ...
books.google.com
William Berger - 2000 - 497 pages - Snippet view

Comment:

The chorus "O Signore, dal tetto natio" was as famous and as popular in its day as "Va, pensiero."

Its popularity rested on its long, shamelessly lovely melodic line and soft undercurrents of rhythm, as well as on its sentiment ...

More editions Add to My Library▼

No comments:

Post a Comment