Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

O Signore, dal tetto natìo (Adagio)

Speranza

The Operas of Verdi: From Oberto to Rigoletto
books.google.com
Julian Budden - 1978 - 544 pages - Snippet view

Here for the first time the favourite decasyllabic metre of 'Va pensiero' and 'O Signore dal tetto natio' is bent to fit the movement of a French cavalry march.* The music is no longer subjected to the tonic accent of the verse.

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Music and musicians: Volume 24
books.google.com
1975 - Snippet view

When the audience first heard "O Signore, dal tetto natio ci chiamasti con santa promessa" (

"O Lord, Thou didst call us from our native
land with holy promise"),

they immediately identified themselves with the Crusaders, and the Austrians ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Toscanini
books.google.com
Harvey Sachs - 1988 - 382 pages - Snippet view

Pieces (excepting Ave Maria)-, Hymn of the Nations; I lombardi: O signore, dal tetto natio, Qui posa il fianco; Luisa Miller: Overture, ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Verdi: force of destiny
books.google.com
Dena Humphreys - 1948 - 341 pages - Snippet view

... pace mio dio" Z. Milanov V-1 1-8927 C. Muzio C-9106-M and in CM-259 / LOMBARDI ALLA PRIMA CROCIATA "Qual voluttà trascorrere," E. Rethberg, B. Gigli, E. Pinza V-8194 "O Signore, dal tetto natio," Chorus and Orchestra of La Scala of ...

Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
The Month
books.google.com
1985 - Snippet view

Sgnr Conati points out in a note
that

'O Signore, dal tetto natio is

'in fact a chorus for mixed voices'.
On some occasions an editor should just keep quiet. HAMISH FG SWANSTON Temenos 5 Temonos 5: distributed by ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Records in Review
books.google.com
1967 - Snippet view

I Lombardi: O Signore, dal tetto natio. Aida: Grand March and Ballet Music. La Battaglia di Legnano: Giuriam d'ltalia. Attila: Urli rapine. Otello: Fuoco di gioia. Chorus and Orchestra of Accademia di Santa Cecilia (Rome), Carlo Franci, ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
Verdi: miracle man of opera
books.google.com
Thomas Russell Ybarra - 1955 - 312 pages - Snippet view

... Frezzolini, the rest of the singers, and Solera, and Merelli, came before the curtain after each act, dizzy with joy, to bow or curtsey to their acclaimers. The climax came with the chorus beginning "O Signore, dal tetto natio .

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
The new crusaders: images of the crusades in the nineteenth and ...
books.google.com
Elizabeth Siberry - 2000 - 228 pages - Snippet view

When first performed in Milan in 1843, "I Lombardi" and in particular the chorus 'O Signore, dal tetto natio' sparked a political demonstration.

The Milanese decided that they were the Lombards,
Italy the Holy Land and the Austrians the ...

Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
La Scala
books.google.com
Lorenzo Arruga - 1976 - 314 pages - Snippet view

Certainlv he was a man at whom the censorship had looked many times with suspicion;

at La Scala he was the man who had composed music to "Va, pensiero" " Go, Thought," and "O Signore, dal tetto natio" "Oh Lord, from my native hearth," ...

More editions Add to My Library▼ In My Library: Change▼
The Classical Good CD & DVD Guide 2006
books.google.com
Gramophone Publications - 2005 - 1414 pages - Snippet view

I Lombardi - Gerusaleml; O Signore, dal tetto natio. Macbeth -Tre volte miagola; Patria oppressa. I masnadieri - Le rube, gli stupri. Nabucco - Gli arredi festivi giu cadano infranti; Va, pensiero, sull'ali dorate.

More editions Add to My Library▼

No comments:

Post a Comment