Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, May 20, 2012

"Bill Bailey is you sore?" -- Cannon 1902

1902 won't you come home Bill Bailey won't you come home she moans the whole day long I’ll do the cooking darling I’ll pay the rent I knows I’ve done you wrong member that rainy eve that I drove you out with nothing but a fine tooth comb I know I'se to blame well ain’t that a shame Bill Bailey won't you please come home. on one summer's day, the sun was shining fine. the lady love of old Bill Bailey was hanging clothes on the line in her back yard, and weeping hard. she married a B & O brakeman that took and throw'd her down. bellering like a prune-fed calf with a big gang hanging 'round; and to that crowd she yelled out loud. Bill drove by that door in an automobile, a great big diamond coach and footman, hear that big wench squeal; "he's all alone," I heard her groan. she hollered through that door, "Bill Bailey is you sore? stop a minute; won't you listen to me? Won't I see you no more?" Bill winked his eye, as he heard her cry. Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment