Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, May 20, 2012

When I was a bachelor -- The foggy foggy dew -- 1815

Speranza 1815 when I was a bachelor, I liv'd all alone I worked at the weaver's trade and the only only thing that I ever did wrong was to woo a fair young maid. I wooed her in the wintertime and in the summer too and the only, only thing that I did that was wrong was to keep her from the foggy foggy dew. one night she came to my bedside when I was fast asleep. she laid her head upon my bed and she began to weep. she sighed, she cried, she damn near died she said what shall I do? so I hauled her into bed and covered up her head just to keep her from the foggy foggy dew. So, I am a bachelor, I live with my son and we work at the weaver's trade. and every single time that I look into his eyes he reminds me of that fair young maid. he reminds me of the wintertime and of the summer, too, and of the many, many times that I held her in my arms just to keep her from the foggy, foggy, dew.

No comments:

Post a Comment