Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, May 20, 2012

You put me through it and I didn't want to do it but you went and made me love you so I did -- 1913

Speranza 1913 on Sunday I walk out with a Soldier, on Monday I'm taken by a Tar, on Tuesday I'm out with a baby Boy Scout, on Wednesday a Hussar; on Thursday a gang oot wi' a Scottie, on Friday, the Captain of the crew; but on Saturday I'm willing, if you'll only take the shilling, to make a man of any one of you. on Sunday I walk out with a Bo'sun. on Monday a Rifleman in green, on Tuesday I choose a 'sub' in the 'Blues', on Wednesday a Marine; on Thursday a Terrier from Tooting, on Friday a Midshipman or two, but on Saturday I'm willing if you'll only take the shilling, to make a man of any one of you. the Army and the Navy need attention, the outlook isn't healthy you'll admit, but I've got a perfect dream of a new recruiting scheme, which I think is absolutely it. if only other girls would do as I do I believe that we could manage it alone, for I turn all suitors from me but the sailor and the Tommy, I've an army and a navy of my own. I teach the tenderfoot to face the powder, that gives an added lustre to my skin, and I show the raw recruit how to give a chaste salute, so when I'm presenting arms he's falling in. it makes you almost proud to be a woman. when you make a strapping soldier of a kid. and he says 'You put me through it and I didn't want to do it but you went and made me love you so I did.'

No comments:

Post a Comment