Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Gershwin's sweet little tune from "Treasure girl": a cunning cottage we could share -- 1928

Speranza 1928 I've got a crush on you sweetie pie all the day and night-time give me sigh I never had the least notion that I could fall with so much emotion could you coo, could you care for a cunning cottage we could share the world will pardon my mush 'cause I have got a crush my baby on you. how glad the many millions of Annabelles and Lillians would be to capture me but you had such persistence you wore down my resistance I fell and it was swell I'm your big and brave and handsome Romeo how I won you I shall never never know it's not that you're attractive but, oh, my heart grew active when you came into view. Gershwin -- From: “Treasure Girl”.

No comments:

Post a Comment