Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Passing Show of 1918 -- "when I awake, my bluebird flutters away" -- 1918

Speranza 1918 I'm forever blowing bubbles pretty bubbles in the air, they fly so high, nearly reach the sky then like my dreams they fade and die. fortune's always hiding I've looked everywhere, I'm forever blowing bubbles pretty bubbles in the air. I'm dreaming dreams, I'm scheming schemes, I'm building castles high. they're born anew, their days are few, just like a sweet butterfly. and as the daylight is dawning, they come again in the morning. when cattle creep, when I'm asleep, to lands of hope I stray. then at daybreak, when I awake, my bluebird flutters away. happiness new seemed so near me, happiness come forth and heal me. From “The Passing Show of 1918” – sung by Helen Carrington.

No comments:

Post a Comment