Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, May 20, 2012

I look on you boys with pride -- 1917

Speranza 1917 boodbye-ee, goodbye-ee, wipe the tear, baby dear, from your eye-ee, tho' it's hard to part I know, I'll be tickled to death to go. don't cry-ee, dont sigh-ee, there's a silver lining in the sky-ee, bonsoir, old thing, cheer-i-o, chin, chin, nah-poo, toodle-oo, Goodbye-ee. brother Bertie went away to do his bit the other day with a smile on his lips and his Lieutenant's pips upon his shoulder bright and gay as the train moved out he said, 'remember me to all the birds.' then he wagged his paw and went away to war shouting out these pathetic words. at the hospital at Kew, the convalescents, dressed in blue, had to hear Lady Lee who had turned eighty-three, sing all the old, old songs she knew. then she made a speech and said, "I look on you boys with pride, and to thank you all I'm going to kiss each one", then they all grabbed a stick and cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment