Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Patti's "Carmen"

Speranza

"I had very few hardships during my vocal career, however there was one event that I consider a major failure on my part. I played the ‘cigarette girl’ in Bizet’s Carmen in 1885, and the role stumped me. It was a role that was too heavy for my voice. It was considered an error in my career by many critics. I was so ashamed that I had made this mistake. However, this was one of my only true faults in my opera career. I wouldn’t stop singing just because of one little mistake. I continued my training, and didn’t let it upset me.  I achieved many great accomplishments after that incident, because I didn’t give up. (Van Dijk)
Other than this incident, I didn’t really have many roadblocks."

No comments:

Post a Comment