Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

CHARLIE KUNZ -- MEDLEYS: Hits and Favourites -- starting with ON TREASURE ISLAND -- THANKS A MILLION -- THE MUSIC GOES ROUND AND AROUND --

Speranza

 On Treasure Island

Thanks a Million

The Music Goes Round and Around

These Foolish Things

Please Believe Me

Goody- Goody

Some Other Time

A Little Bit Independent

The Touch of Your Lips

Where There's You There's Me

Life Begins When

Would You

It's a Sin to Tell a Lie

In a Little Gypsy Tea Room

Old Mammy Mine

In olden days a glimpse of stocking
was looked on as something shocking
now heaven knows
Anything Goes

Robins & Roses

Laughing Irish Eyes

A Pretty Girl Is Like a Melody

Alone

The Sunset Trail

I Feel Like a Feather in a Breeze

Beneath the Lights of Home

Russian Rose

Down Forget- Me- Not- Lane

She Shall Have Music

Alone at a Table for Two

Pink Elephants

All the Things You Are

Until You Fool in Love

I'm Nobody's Baby

Fools Rush In

I Can't Love You Anymore

Make Believe Island

A Star Fell out of Heaven

Serenade the Night

A Fine Romance
I Hear a Rhapsody

My Sister and I

Aurora

On the Beach at Bali Bali

Empty Saddles

You Can't Pull the Wool Over


My Friend

A Sky- Blue Shirt and a Rainbow Tie

Sway

I Need You Now

No One But You

I Can't Tell a Waltz from a Tango

Who Are We

Walk Hand in Hand

The Birds and the Bees

Wayward Wind

Whatever Will Be Will Be

Hot Diggity
Somewhere Along the Way

Here in My Heart

Half as Much

The Island of Innisfree

Forget Me Not

You Belong to Me

Be Anything

There's a Pawn Shop on the Corner of Pittsburg, Pennsylvania

Kiss of Fire

Blue Tango

The Gandy Dancer's Ball

September Song

All My Love

Ferryboat Inn

There Must Be a Reason

Hold My Hand no matter what the weather
just you hold my hand

If I Give My Heart to You

All Alone

Because I Love You

The Song Is Ended but the melody lingers on

Galway Bay

My Happiness

Heartbreaker
Little Things Mean Alot

Make Her Mine

My Son My Son
Tennessee Waltz

If

Beloved Faithful

Time May Change

You Can't Be True Dear

Nature Boy

My Foolish Heart

Me and My Shadow walking down the avenue
me and my shadow not a soul to tell our troubles to
and when it's twelve o'clock we climb the stair
we never knock 'cause nobody's there
just ME AND MY SHADOW all alone and feeling blue


C'est Sibon
Dearie

Bewitched

Let's Do It Again

Too Young

Too Late Now

Ivory Rag

With These Hands

The Love Lights of the Year

My Truly Truly Fair

When You're in Love

Im Yours

Meet Mr Callaghan

The Homing Waltz

From the Time You Say Goodbye

Walking My Baby Back 
You Can't Be True Dear

No Other Love

The Poor People of Paris

It's Almost Tomorrow

A Tear Fell

My September Love

Love and Marriage

Rose Tattoo

Memories Are Made of This

The Finger of Suspicion

A Blossom Fell

Mister Sandman 
Happy Days and Lonely Nights

Softly Softly

The Naughty Lady of Shady

Unchained Melody

Prize of Gold

Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White

If Anyone Finds This I Love You

Under the Bridges of Paris

Open Up Your Heart?
Blue Star

Stars Shine in Your Eyes

Ev'ry Day of My Life 
Evermore

Ev'rywhere

Learning

The Blues

Outside Od Heaven

Because You're Mine

Went to Your Wedding
Faith Can Move Mountains

Broken Wings

Walking to Missouri

Love Is a Many Splendoured Thing

When You Lose the One You Love

The SH

=

Charlie Kunz
Medleys: Hits and Favourites


"Medley King" Charlie Kunz is the hero of this marvelous and elegant collection of Medleys: Hits and Favourites brought out by Rex records.

48 regulation length tracks (approximately three minutes a piece) bear witness to the fact that after leading a successful dance orchestra during the late 1920s and early to mid-'30s, Kunz established himself as a master of the piano medley.

Since there are several titles per track, this monument to accessibility gradually comes to resemble a goldmine of lovable innocent popular ditties from a bygone era.

Glowing examples include

"A Pretty Girl Is Like a Melody,"
"The Music Goes 'Round and Around,"
"In a Little Gypsy Tea Room,"
"Anything Goes,"
"Pink Elephants,"
"On the Beach at Bali Bali,"
"I Can't Tell a Waltz from a Tango,"
"Hot Diggity," and
"There's a Pawnshop on a Corner in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania."

No comments:

Post a Comment