Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

KUNZ --Medley of Waltzes -- starting with "ALWAYS" (Berlin) -- followed by "WHAT I'LL DO", "YOU FORGOT TO REMEMBER" (Irving Berlin), "ALL ALONE" (Irving Berlin), "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU" (Irving Berlin), "THE SONG IS ENDED", "DELYSE", "WYOMING", "DREAM OF DELIGHT" (Edward German, from "Tom Jones: a comic opera"), "BABETTE", "DELILAH", "BLUE EYES"

Speranza



I'll be loving you

ALWAYS

with a love that's true

ALWAYS

when the things you've planned

need a helping hand

I will understand

ALWAYS – ALWAYS

days may not be fair

ALWAYS

That's when Ill be there

ALWAYS

not for just an hour

Not for just a day

Not for just a year -- but

ALWAYS

************************


What'll I Do



----


Remember the night, the night you said, "I love you" Remember
Remember you vowed by all the stars above you Remember
Remember we found a lonely spot
And after I learned to care a lot
You promised that you'd forget me not But
YOU FORGOT TO REMEMBER



All alone, I'm so all alone
There is no one else but you
All alone by the telephone
Waiting for a ring, a ting-a-ling
I'm all alone every evening
All alone, feeling blue
Wond'ring where you are and how you are
And if you are all alone too




BECAUSE I LOVE YOU
I've tried so hard but can't forget
Because I love you
You linger in my memory yet
Because I miss you
I often wish we'd never met
And though you left a tear
As a souvenir
It doesn't matter dear
Because I love you
Why am I lonely and why am I blue?
And why am I thinking, just thinking of you?
Why should I care if you've broken your vow?
And why do I wonder who's kissing you now?
Off with the old love and on with the new
Is easy to say but not easy to do
What does it matter how far we're apart
You're out of my life, dear, but still in my heart


THE SONG IS ENDED
BUT THE MELODY LINGERS ON
you & the song are gone
but the melody lingers on
 the night was splendid
& the melody seemed to say
summer will pass away
take your happiness while you may
here 'neath the light of the moon
we sang a love song that ended too soon
the moon descended
& I found with the break of dawn
you & the song had gone
but the melody lingers on




Delyse

Wyoming


FOR TONIGHTfor to-night,
Let me dream out my DREAM OF DELIGHT,
And purchase of sorrow a moment’s respite
I am dazed,
Like a lark that has gazed
On the sun, in his flight.
Let me sing! Let me sing!
For I waver and swing
Between madness and gladness to-night.
-- Edward German, from "Tom Jones" operetta
 


Babette

Delilah

Blue Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment