Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

KUNZ -- THE KUNZ MEDLEY No. 3 -- starting with "POOR BUTTERFLY", followed by "AFTER YOU'VE GONE" and "WHISPERING" (SIDE A), and "ALICE BLUE GOWN", "JUST A LITTLE LOVE A LITTLE KISS" and "CHOCOLATE SOLDIER WALTZ" (SIDE B)

Speranza




poor butterfly neath the blosooms waiting
poor butterfly for she loved him so
the moments pass into hours
the hours pass into years
& tho’ she smiles thru her tears she murmurs low
the moon & I know that he’ll be faithful
that’ll he come back to me by-&-by
but if he don’t come then I’ll never sigh or cry
I must just die poor butterfly.


AFTER YOU’VE GONE & left me crying
AFTER YOU’VE GONE there's no denying,
you'll feel blue you'll feel sad
you'll miss the bestest pal you've ever had
there'll come a time now don't forget it,
there'll come a time when you'll regret it
oh babe think what you're doing
you know my love for you will drive me to ruin,
AFTER YOU’VE GONE AFTER YOU’VE GONE away away.


WHISPERING while you cuddle near me
WHISPERING so no one can hear me
 each little whisper seems to cheer me
I know it's true, there's no one dear but you
WHISPERING why you'll never leave me
WHISPERING why you'll never grieve me
whisper and say that you'll believe me
WHISPERING that I love you



in my sweet little Alice blue gown
when I first wandered down into town
I was both proud and shy, as I felt every eye
and in every shop window I primped passing by
then in manner of fashion, I'd frown
and the world seemed to smile all around
'til it wilted, I wore it, I'll always adore it
my sweet little Alice blue gown

Just a little love, a little kiss
Just an hour that holds a world of bliss
Eyes that tremble like the stars above me
And the little word that says you love me
Just a little love, a little kiss
I would give you all my life for this
As I hold you fast and bend above you
And I hear you whispering 'I love you.'


 Chocolate soldier waltz

No comments:

Post a Comment