Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, June 20, 2013

KUNZ THE SONGS WE SANG

Speranza




I haven’t said “Thanks” for THAT LOVELY WEEKEND 
Those two days in heaven you helped me to spend The thrill of your kiss as you stepped off the train The smile in your eyes was like sun after rain. To mark the occasion we went out to dine Remember the laughter, the music, the wine That drive in the taxi when midnight had flown And breakfast next morning just we two alone You had to go, the time was so short We both had so much to say Your kit to be packed, the train to be caught, Sorry I cried but I just felt that way. And now you have gone dear this letter I pen My heart travels with you till we meet again Keep smiling, my darling, and someday we’ll spend A lifetime as sweet, a lifetime as sweet as That lovely weekend. (Orchestral interlude) (Male voice speaking) I haven’t said “Thanks” for that lovely weekend Those two days in heaven you helped me to spend And the thrill of your kiss as you stepped off the train The smile in your eyes was like sun after rain. And to mark the occasion we went out to dine Do you remember the laughter, how we laughed, and the music Harry Roy’s Band, and,and the wine, no champagne, just er just wine Then we waited a long time for a taxi, but we got one at last And then breakfast the next morning, just we two alone And then I had to go, and time was so short And we both had so much to say, and you packed my kit And the train had to be caught, and what a train, And then I cried, And now that you’ve gone dear, this letter I pen, My heart travels with you until we meet again So keep smiling my darling and someday we’ll spend A lifetime as sweet as that lovely weekend                                                                                                                               
Do I want to be with you as the years come and go? ONLY FOREVER if you care to know.
Would I grant all your wishes and be proud of the task,
Only forever if someone should ask.
How long would it take me to be near if you beckon,
Offhand I would figure, less than a second.
Do you think I'll remember how you looked when you smiled,
Only forever, that's putting it mild.                                                                              

                                                                                                                                             
                                                                                                
I'LL GET BY As long as I Have you Though there be rain And darkness too I'll not complain
I'll see it through Though I may Be far away It's true Say, what care I Dear, I'll get by
As long as I Have you

A sleepy lagoon, a tropical moon, and two on an island A sleepy lagoon and two hearts in tune, in some *some lullaby land* The fireflies gleam reflects in the stream They sparkle and shimmer A star from on high falls out of the sky and slowly grows dimmer The leaves from the trees all dance in the breeze and float on the ripples We’re deep in a spell as nightingales tell of roses and dew The memory of this moment of love will haunt me forever A tropical moon, a sleepy lagoon and you The memory of this moment of love will haunt me forever A sleepy lagoon, a tropical moon and you A sleepy lagoon and you
                                                                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                                                                     
                           
I'm gonna buy a PAPER DOLL that I can call my own

a doll that other fellas cannot steal

& then those flirt  flirty guys with their flirty flirty eyes

will have to flirt with dollies that are real

when I come home at night she'll be waiting

she'll be the truest doll in all this world.

I'd rather have a PAPER DOLL to call my own

than have a fickle-minded real-life girl.
                                                                 



here’ll be bluebirds over
the white cliffs of Dover
tomorrow just you wait and see
there’ll be love and laughter
and peace ever after
tomorrow when the world is free.

the shepherd will tend his sheep

the valley will bloom again

and Jimmy will go to sleep

in his own little room again

                                                                                                                                                          
                                                                                                                                                                                     

                                                                     
Room Five Hundred And Four 
                                                                                                                                                         
One Day When We Were Young 
                                                                                                                                                         
Amapola 
                                                                                                                                                         
I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire
Ferryboat Serenade
Dolores
Dearly Beloved
Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Ral
I Couldn't Sleep A Wink Last Night
I Left My Heart At The Stage Door Canteen
The Anniversary Waltz
There'll Come Another Day
I'll Walk Alone
Who's Taking You Home Tonight
If I Had My Way
Don't Fence Me In

No comments:

Post a Comment