Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, June 21, 2013

MRS MILL piano medley: AMONG MY SOUVENIRS -- PEG OF MY HEART -- WHERE THE BLUE OF THE NIGHT -- I'LL BE WITH YOU IN APPLE BLOSSOM TIME -- BEAUTIFUL DREAMER -- LOVE IS THE SWEETEST THING -- I'M GETTING SENTIMENTAL OVER YOU -- NIGHTINGALE SANG IN BERKELEY SQUARE

Speranza

AMONG MY SOUVENIRS

*****

PEG OF MY HEART

*********

Mills plays it in key of

WHERE THE BLUE OF THE NIGHT
MEETS THE GOLD OF THE DAY
some-one waits for me
and the gold of her hair
crowns the blue of her eyes
like a halo tenderly
if only I could see her
o how happy I would be
****************

Mills plays it in key of.



I'LL BE WITH YOU
IN APPLE BLOSSOM TIME
I'll be with you to change your name to mine
one day in May I'll come and say
happy the bride the sun shines on today
what a wonderful wedding there will be
what a wonderful day for you and me
church bells will chime you will be mine
in apple blossom time.

 
**********

BEAUTIFUL DREAMER wake unto me
star-light and dew-drops are waiting for thee
sounds of the rude world heard in the day
lulled by the moon-light have all passed away
beautiful dreamer wake unto me

beautiful dreamer queen of my song
list while I woo thee with soft melody

gone are the cares of life's busy throng

beautiful dreamer awake unto me
beautiful dreamer awake unto me


*******

Mrs Mills plays in the key of.

LOVE IS THE SWEETEST THING
what else on earth could ever bring
such happiness to ev'rything as love’s old story.
love is the strangest thing
no song of birds upon the wing
shall in our hearts more sweetly sing than love’s old story
whatever heart may desire, whatever fate may send
this is the tale that never will tire, this is the song without end.
love is the greatest thing
the oldest yet the latest thing
I only hope that fate may bring love’s story to you




******

never thought I’d fall but when I hear you call
I’M GETTING SENTIMENTAL OVER YOU
things you say & do just thrill me thru & thru
I’M GETTING SENTIMENTAL OVER YOU
I tho’t I was happy I could live without love
now I must admit love is all I'm thinking of.
won't you please be kind & just make up your mind
that you'll be sweet & gentle
be gentle with me -- cause
I’M GETTING SENTIMENTAL OVER YOU.


*********

A NIGHTINGALE SANG IN BERKELEY SQUARE
I may be right
A NIGHTINGALE SANG
The over London
was frown
how could she know
the whole damn world
the streets of town were
romantic affair
and as we kissed and said goodbye
A NIGHTINGALE SANG IN BERKELEY SQUARE




No comments:

Post a Comment