Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

KUNZ PIANO MEDLEY starting with THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU -- THE TOUCH OF YOUR LIPS -- GOODNIGHT SWEETHEART -- WITH A SONG IN MY HEART -- WHERE OR WHEN -- THERE'S A SMALL HOTEL -- SLEEPY TIME GAL -- UKELELE LADY -- GUILTY -- SLEEPY HEAD -- YOU'RE DRIVING ME CRAZY -- MY BLUE HEAVEN

Speranza


THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU
and I forget to do
the litthe ordinary things that everyone ought to do
I may be living in a daydream
I'm happy as a king
and foolish tho' it may seem
to me that's everything

*************************

THE TOUCH OF YOUR LIPS
upon my brow
your lips that are cool and sweet
such tenderness lies in the soft caress
my heart forgets to beat
the touch of your hands
upon my head
the love in your eyes ashine
and then at last
that moment sublime
the touch of your lips on mine.

*****************************

GOODNIGHT SWEETHEART till we meet tomorrow
Good night sweetheart, sleep will banish sorrow
Tears and parting may make us forlorn
But with the dawn, a new day is born so I'll say
Good night sweetheart, tho' I'm not beside you
Good night sweetheart, still my love will guide you
Dreams enfold you, in each one I'll hold you
Good night sweetheart, good night
Good night sweetheart, till we meet tomorrow
Good night sweetheart, sleep will banish sorrow
Tears and parting may make us forlorn
But with the dawn, a new day is born
(so I'll say) Good night sweetheart, tho' I'm not beside you
Good night sweetheart, still my love will guide you
Dreams enfold you, in each one I'll hold you
Good night sweetheart, good night

*******************

WITH A SONG IN MY HEART
I behold your adorable face
just a song at the start
but it soon is a hymn to your grace
when the music swells
I'm touching your hand
it tells that your're standing near &
 at the sound of your voice
 heaven opens its portals to me
 can I help but rejoice
that a song such as ours came to be
but I always knew
I would live life thru
WITH A SONG IN MY HEART for you

*******

When you're awake, the things you think
Come from the dream you dream
Thought has wings, and lots of things
Are seldom what they seem
Sometimes you think youve lived before
All that you live to day
Things you do come back to you
As though they knew the way
Oh the tricks your mind can play
It seems we stood and talked like this, before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when
The clothes you're wearing are the close, you wore
The smile you are smiling you were smiling then
But I can't remember where or when
Some things that happened for the first time
Seem to be happening again
And so it seems that we have met before
And that we laughed before, also loved before
But who knows where or when

************


There's a small hotel with a wishing well
I wish that we were there together
There's a (no) bridal suite
One room bright and neat
Complete for us to share together
Looking through the window
You can see a distant steeple
Not a sign of people – who wants people?
When the steeple bell says,
"Good night, sleep well,"
We'll thank the small hotel together
 Pretty window curtains made of chince s/b "chintz"
In a make believe land
On the wall are several cheerful prints
Of Grant and Grover Cleveland
Look out into the parlor and feast your eyes
On the moose head on the wall
Perhaps you’d like to play the organ
They tune it every other fall.
When the steeple bell says,
"Good night, sleep well,"
We'll thank the small hotel
We'll creep into our little shell
And we will thank the small hotel together
I'd like to get away, Junior
Somewhere alone with you
It could be oh, so gay, Junior
You need a laugh or two
A certain place I know, Frankie
Where funny people can have fun
That's where the two will go, Darling
Before you can count up
One, two, three. For ...

SLEEPY TIME GALyou're turning night into days
Sleepy time gal you've danced the evening away
Before each silvery star fades out of sight
Please give me one little kiss then let us whisper goodnight
It's getting late and dear your pillow's waitin'
Sleepy time gal when all your dancing is through
Sleepy time gal I'll find a cottage for you
You'll learn to cook and sew
What's more you'll love it I know
When you're a stay at home, play at home 8 oclock sleepy time gal
It's getting late and dear your pillow's waiting
Sleepy time gal when all your dancing is through
Sleepy time gal I'll find a cottage for you
You'll learn to cook and to sew
What's more you'll love it I know
When you're a stay at home, play at home 8 oclock sleepy time gal


I saw the splendour of the moonlight
On Honolulu Bay
There's something tender in the moonlight
On Honolulu Bay
And all the beaches are filled with peaches
Who bring their ukes along
And in the glimmer of the moonlight
They love to sing this song
of you like Ukulele Lady Ukulele Lady like a'you
If you like to linger where it's shady Ukulele Lady linger too If you kiss Ukulele Lady
While you promise ever to be true And she sees another Ukulele Lady foolin' 'round with you 2: Maybe she'll sigh (an awful lot) Maybe she'll cry (and maybe not) Maybe she'll find somebody else By and by To sing to when it's cool and shady Where the tricky wicky wacky woo If you like Ukulele Lady Ukulele Lady like a'you She used to sing to me by moonlight On Honolulu Bay Fond memories cling to me by moonlight Although I'm far away Some day I'm going, where eyes are glowing And lips are made to kiss To see somebody in the moonlight And hear the song I miss If you like Ukulele Lady Ukulele Lady like a'you If you like to linger where it's shady Ukulele Lady linger too If you kiss Ukulele Lady While you promise ever to be true And she sees another Ukulele Lady foolin' 'round with you. Maybe she'll sigh (an awful lot) Maybe she'll cry (and maybe not) Maybe she'll find somebody else By and by To sing to when it's cool and shady Where the tricky wicky wacky woo If you like Ukulele Lady Ukulele Lady like a'you



GUILTY

SLEEPY HEAD


You, YOU'RE DRIVING ME CRAZY -- WHAT DID I DO?
What ever did I do?
My tears for you, they make everything hazy
Clouding the skies that used to be blue
How true were the friends who were near me
To cheer me, believe me, they knew
But you, you were the kind who would hurt me
Desert me when I needed you
Yes you,
YOU'RE DRIVING ME CRAZY
WHAT DID I DO

did I do to you?
How true were the friends who were near me
To cheer me, believe me, they knewBut you were the kind who would hurt me
Desert me when I needed you
Yes you, baby, you, you're are driving me crazyWhat did I do? Tell me what did I do?
Please, what did I do to you?


whippoorwills call, evenin' is nigh
Hurry to MY BLUE HEAVEN
Turn to the right, there's a little white light
Will lead you to MY BLUE HEAVEN
You'll see a smilin' face, a fireplace, a cozy room
Little nest that nestles where the roses bloom
Molly and me, and the baby makes three
We're happy in my, in my Blue Heaven
You're gonna see a smilin' face, fireplace, cozy room
And a little nest nestled where the roses bloom
Just Molly and me, and the baby is three
We're so happy in my Blue Heaven
We're happy in my Blue Heaven
We're happy in my Blue Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment