Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

KUNZ -- Piano medley No. D 91 -- starting with "THE ECHO TOLD ME A LIE", followed by "FOREVER AND FOREVER" and "A STRAWBERRY MOON" (SIDE A), and "LAVENDER BLUE", "RED ROSES FOR A BLUE LADY" and "TWELFTH STREET RAG" (SIDE B)

Speranza


I asked the Valley Of Echoes
If he loves me, (loves me) And thrilled inside As the hills replied, "He loves me!". (loves me) How could I guess >From your sweet caress That
THE ECHO TOLD ME A LIE
We had to part And it broke my heart, For the echo had told me a lie. So through the valley I'll sing, "Come back to love me!", (love me) And if the echo can bring You back to love me; (love me) I'll hold you then In my arms again And the hills will echo a sigh, And I'll know that the echo never told me a lie! I'll hold you then In my arms again And the hills will echo a sigh, And I'll know that the echo never told me a lie!


Forever And Forever


A Strawberry Moon
Lavender Blue


 I want some red roses for a blue ladyMister Florist, take my order pleaseWe had a silly quarrel the other dayI hope these pretty flowers, chase her blues away
Wrap up some red roses for a blue ladySend them to the sweetest gal in townAnd if they do the trick, I'll hurry back to pickYour best white orchid for her wedding gown
[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/red-roses-for-a-blue-lady-lyrics-dean-martin.html ]I want some red roses for a blue ladyMister Florist, take my order pleaseWe had a silly quarrel the other dayI hope these pretty flowers, chase her blues away
Wrap up some red roses for a blue ladySend them to the sweetest gal in townAnd if they do the trick, I'll hurry back to pickYour best white orchid for her wedding gown

Read more: DEAN MARTIN - RED ROSES FOR A BLUE LADY LYRICS


In a certain city, where
The girls are cute and pretty,
They have a raggy jazzy jazz time tune.
When you hear that syncopated
Jazz created melody
You could dance all morning
Night and noon,
When the slide trombone
And moaning saxophone begin to play.
It will make you sad,
'Twill make you glad
Oh! Boy,
What Joy,
Burn my clothes for I'm in Heaven,
Wish I had a million women,
Soloman in all his glory,
Could have told another story,
Were he but living here today,
With his thousand wives or more,
A Jazz Band on some Egypt shore,
He could dance the night and day away.
I will tell you how they dance
That tantalizing 12th. Street Rag.

First you slide and then you glide,
Then shimmie for a while;
To the left then to the right

"Lame Duck" "Get over Sal"
Watch your step then Pirouette,
Fox Trot, then squeeze your pal
Over you comes stealing
Such a funny feeling
'Til you feel
Your senses reeling,
Tantalizing, hypnotizing,
Mesmerizing strain,
I can't get enough of it
Please play it o'er again
I could dance for ever
To this refrain,
To that 12th. Street,
Oh you 12th. Street Rag.

No comments:

Post a Comment