Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Welcome to Villa Speranza.

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

KUNZ Piano medley No. R 13 -- starting with "On treasure island" -- followed by "THANKS A MILLION" and "THE MUSIC GOES ROUND AND AROUND" (SIDE A), and "SOME OTHER TIME, "A LITTLE BIT INDEPENDENT" and "GOODNIGHT SWEETHEART" (SIDE B)

Speranza


I sailed away to Treasure Island
and my heart stood still when I landed on the silvery shore
we met that day ON TREASURE ISLAND
and the smile you gave was the treasure I'd been craving for
then came those moments of bliss
in the shade of the sheltering palms
I still remember your kiss
as you nestled within my arms
I looked for gold ON TREASURE ISLAND
and I found that gold when you gave your golden love to me.

THANKS A MILLION
a million thanks to you
For everything that love could bring you brought me
Each tender love-word you happened to say
Is hidden away
In memory's bouquet
THANKS A MILLION for I remember too
The tenderness that your caresses taught me
You made a million dreams come true and so I'm saying
THANKS A MILLION  to you

I blow thru here
The music goes 'round and around
Whoa-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho
And it comes out here

I push the first valve down
The music goes down and around
Whoa-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho
And it comes out here

I push the middle valve down
The music goes down around below
Below, below, deedle-dee-ho-ho-ho
Listen to the jazz come out

I push the other valve down
The music goes 'round and around
Whoa-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho
And it comes out here


Where has the time all gone to
Haven't done half the things we want to
Oh well, We'll catch up some other time

This day was just a token
Too many words are still unspoken
Oh Well, we'll catch up some other time

Just when the fun is starting
comes the time for parting
let's just be glad for what we had
And what's to come

There's some much more embracing
Still to be done but time is racing
Oh Well, we'll catch up some other time.


A little bit independent in your walk
A little bit independent in your talk
There's nothing like you in Paris or New York
You're awfully easy on the eyes

A little bit independent when we dance
A little bit independent toward romance
A bit of sophistication in your glance
And yet you're easy on the eyes

Whenever I'm with you alone
You weave a magic spell
And though it be a danger zone
I only know that you're swell

A little bit independent with your smile
A little bit independent in your style
But how can I help but love you all the while
When you're so easy on the eyes

Goodnight Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment